Monica L. Michelena
Monica L. Michelena is a Brownsville native having worked in the financial services industry for 15 years and has over 12 years prior experience in the healthcare and marketing industry. She was named Vice-President of Bob Richardson & Associates, Inc. in 2008 and is licensed in Life, Accident, Health & HMO Insurance.
Prior to joining Richardson Rodriguez Financial Group, Monica spent over 12 years in the advertising and marketing healthcare public relations field at companies such as The Atkins Group as account supervisor for Valley Baptist hospitals in Harlingen and Brownsville; as Physician Liaison Director for the South Texas Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery in Edinburg & McAllen, TX and as Assistant Director of Marketing & Public Relations for South Texas Health System comprised of Edinburg Regional Medical Center, McAllen Medical Center, McAllen Heart Hospital, South Texas Behavioral Health Center and South Texas Rehabilitation Pavilion.
Monica has served on various committees, volunteered her time and participated in Leadership Edinburg providing her the opportunity to work closely with her colleagues in fundraising and making a difference in her community.
Monica graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management and a Minor in Marketing from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Monica continues to pursue her financial career by attending training courses throughout the year.
Monica spends her summers traveling abroad and is fluent in Spanish and Italian. She pursues her love of the outdoors with her son and enjoys cycling, photography and most of all spending time with family or should I say…very large ‘familia’!
- 15 years in the financial services industry
- Over 12 years prior experience in the healthcare and marketing industry
- Graduate of Leadership Edinburg Class VIII
- Former Board Member, American Heart Association
- Former Member, Organization of Women Executives
- Former Account Supervisor, The Atkins Group - RGV
- Former Physician Liaison Director, South Texas Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery - Edinburg & McAllen, TX
- Former Assistant Director of Marketing & Public Relations, South Texas Health System (Edinburg Regional Medical Center, McAllen Medical Center, McAllen Heart Hospital, South Texas Behavioral Health Center and South Texas Rehabilitation Pavilion)
- Licensed in Life, Accident, Health & HMO Insurance
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management/Minor in Marketing at the University of Texas at San Antonio